Some more airy pictures I shot playing with the manual settings of my camera (copyright only with my explicit written permission). After the joyful and satisfiying experience of ignoring automated functions of modern cameras and learning photographing from the scratch I recommend: First buy a good book about photographing, read a fiew weekends about aperture, shutter speed, ISO number, color temperature, flash intensity and flash number values and understand the 6 most important rules of thumb (indicated):
- the aperture number series (1/2 exposure with each increasing number): 2.8 – 4.0 – 5.6 – 8 – 11 – 16, etc.
- aperture-16-rule (and similar rules): a sunny summer day about noon means A16, 1/100, ISO100
- exposure calculation: A16-1/100-ISO100 = A11-1/200-ISO100 = A11-1/400-ISO200 = A8-1/800-ISO200 = A8-1/1600-ISO400 = A5.6-1/3200-ISO400 = A5.6-1/400-ISO50, etc.
- flash exposure rule: distance = flash-number/aperture; aperture = flash-number/distance; flash-number = distance * aperture;
- flash intensity settings (1/2, 1/4, etc.) change the aperture value and not the flash-number, e.g. 1/2 means from A11 to A8
- the color temperature of daylight is around 5000K to 6000K, lamps are around 3000K, neon light is around 4000K, higher values than those (e.g. over 6000K) make colors warm, lower values make colors cool
All pictures you will see here are as they were shot and nothing is manipulated with the use of programs like Photoshop. Nothing against the art of manipulating pictures manually to create new impressions, I don’t like this at my own pictures, that’s all.
It is not so complicated to photograph like these pictures, just read a typical book about learning photography. Then turn the settings of your camera and flash both to „M“ like manual. You will never need the computer algorithms within your camera again. You will never be dominated by the artificial intelligence behind common layman photography again (it is never the layman who is photographing!). Become a Amateur photographer and eleminate AI within your proximity that is making you dumb and unhuman! Become capable of using a technical device as a mere extension of your human sences and never a standardised replacement! That is so important! After some years you will be capable of a targeted expressing of your own thoughts and feelings just with one single picture YOU create.
When starting to learn to do technical intellectual things like photographing by your own, You may start to hate artificial intelligence and computer augmented reality devices as well as technical assistant systems. You may find out that it is not so complicated at all doing some simple calculations during work as You allways may have thought, You might think You would have learned all this joyful and satisfying creative things much faster, maybe years ago, if such software didn’t exist at all. What a mere waste of time using intelligent devices is, You will think then. And You will be right! You will see.. Start now, switch to „M“.